Policy on Accessibility
De Anza College serves a diverse community that values varied experiences and perspectives and strives to fully include everyone. De Anza College strives to ensure that people with disabilities have access to the same services and content available to people without disabilities, including services and content made available through the college’s website.
The Office of Communications provides Accessibility Guidelines for website content providers collegewide, and has developed procedures (see below) for managing accessibility-related site improvements. The college also ensures accessibility is a featured topic in trainings on the content management system (CMS). Accessibility experts are members of the college Technology Committee, for which accessibility is a standing agenda item.
If you have a concern or question regarding accessibility of De Anza College website content, please email the Web Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Web Accessibility Improvement Procedures
The following procedures have been put in place by the Office of Communications to support accessibility throughout our site:
For decentralized CMS users
- The Web Team has ensured through the CMS settings that no webpage can be published with accessibility errors (beginning with publication of the redesigned website in early 2018). In addition, ensuring that accessibility is part of trainings on the CMS.
In fulfilling standard Web Team work
- Prior to webpage publication, performing a check, using Tenon or a similar tool, and making any remaining changes.
- Performing a monthly, automated accessibility scan on the website, recording results into a spreadsheet, evaluating the concerns, and providing and recording corrective action. Month-to-month results analyses are also performed.
- Accessibility-related emails, phone calls or other contacts are recorded on a spreadsheet for action by the Web Team.
- In working with vendors, ensuring that products meet accessibility standards.