This webpage includes all major documents that you will need to complete classroom and student evaluations of probationary faculty, including links to online forms. These documents can be downloaded for your convenience.
Using the Tenure Shells on Canvas
Completed evaluations for probationary faculty and other important documents are now collected in Canvas. Each committee has its own shell. Committee members should upload documents directly to the Canvas shell. Nicole Gray from FA made a video on how to upload files to a tenure shell on Canvas. When you watch the video below, substitute "De Anza" instead of "Foothill" and my name instead of "Patricia Gibbs."
Documents and Procedures
As of Fall Quarter 2020, evaluation procedures have been adapted and forms have been converted to "Smart Sheet" fillable forms. Please see the most recent documents and procedures for the J1s and J2s below.
Probationary Evaluations (J1s)
- Link to be added to a Canvas page as an evaluator.
- Complete the J1 Evaluation by using the Smart Sheet Fillable J1 Form for Online Instruction.
**Please note: The Smart Sheet Fillable J1 allows a maximum of 4000 characters in each text box. This is typically not enough for the narrative responses. Please type your responses in a word document that can be attached at the bottom of the Smart Sheet form.**
- Guidelines and Process Documents for Online Classes:
Classroom Student Evaluations (J2Ws)
- Link to request a Student Evaluation for a class.
- Fillable J3W for Classroom Tabulation (pdf).
- Process Documents for J2Ws:
Counseling Student Evaluations (J2.1s)
- Link to send to students for a J2 Counseling Student Evaluation.
- Fillable J3 for Counseling Tabulation (pdf).
- Flow Chart for J2 Counseling Evaluation (pdf).
Use these forms to schedule the required meetings and J1 and J2 evaluations for each phase of tenure review.
- Phase I Schedule Form (fillable .docx)
- Phase II Schedule Form (fillable .docx)
- Phase III Schedule Form (fillable .docx)
Previous Hard Copy Versions of Tenure Review Forms
Note: these forms have been superseded by online forms or processes. They may still be useful for reference.