This email was sent to students who are part of the Artistic Expression Village.
Sept. 13, 2021
Welcome Day Is This Friday! RSVP Now
If you haven’t already RSVP’d for this event, please click the yellow button to let us know that you’ll be attending. Once you RSVP, you’ll be entered in a drawing for some great prizes – including Apple Watches, special T-shirts and plush Mountain Lions (all purchased with donated funds).
Here’s what you can expect this Friday, Sept. 17, beginning at 10 a.m.
First: We want to welcome you to the Artistic Expression Village. Your Village is a supportive community of students, faculty and staff members with similar academic interests.
- You can visit the Welcome Day webpage now at deanza.edu/welcomeday to see a list of Villages and the academic majors aligned with each one.
- When you visit the same webpage at 10 a.m. on Friday, you can click on the icon for your Village to join an online session where you will meet instructors and learn about activities and programs that your Village has planned for the coming year.
- Most students join the Village that aligns with their major. But don’t worry – you're free to change your major, and your Village, if you wish.
Next: You can check out a variety collegewide services, student organizations and individual academic departments. You can also speak with a counselor or ask one of our experts about financial aid, registration and other topics.
- Student services and collegewide programs will begin their sessions at 10:30 a.m., while academic departments will begin more sessions at 11 a.m.
- Villages will continue to host activities until noon, but you can break away to attend these other sessions whenever you like.
- Visit the Welcome Day webpage now to see a list of these activities; when you return on Friday morning, you will see a yellow button for each one.
- Click any button on Friday to join a session; you can return to the Welcome Day webpage whenever you are ready to join another one.
Tip: You will need your Campuswide ID (your eight-digit De Anza student ID number) and your MyPortal password to join most of these sessions. (You may want to practice logging in to MyPortal before Friday.) We’ll also have a virtual Information Booth where you can get assistance or find out the best place to ask your questions.
See you Friday – and remember to RSVP!
[Click image to view short video]