This email was sent to all registered students.
Nov. 15, 2021
Quick Notes for the Week of Nov. 15
Quick Notes is an email digest of timely information for De Anza students, faculty and staff. Watch for it in your inbox regularly.
You could win a Surface Pro 7 by playing #VillageConnect: Have you discovered your Village yet? Your Village at De Anza is a place to meet friends, join fun activities and find resources that are relevant to your major and related subjects. This month, you can enter a drawing for a new Surface Pro 7 tablet computer by taking part in the #VillageConnect Gratitude Giveaway – but you must be enrolled in a Village Canvas site to enter. If you haven’t joined a Village yet, you can complete the short Village Selection form to join one now. You'll receive a Canvas invitation that you can accept to join the online scavenger hunt!
Every student who’s in a Village can click the “Play #VillageConnect” banner in Canvas to enter the drawing. One student in each Village will win a new Surface Pro 7 tablet computer with keyboard cover. Don’t delay! #VillageConnect ends Nov. 30. Got questions? Visit deanza.edu/villages or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Flu Shot Clinic and International Student Health Event tomorrow: Health Services is offering free flu shots for all students and employees tomorrow, Tuesday, Nov. 16, from 9 a.m.-3 p.m. This is an opportunity to get vaccinated for the 2021-2022 flu season. International students will also have an opportunity to take care of enrollment health requirements, which must be completed to proceed with your studies at De Anza. Please register in advance by emailing email@example.com or calling 408.864.8732. Visit the Health Services Events page for more information. Health Services will hold an additional flu shot clinic and international student health event on Nov. 30.
De Anza’s new Bookstore partner, Follett Higher Education Group, has officially launched its new online store at deanzastore.com. You can purchase all your materials in the new online store:
- You can search the Bookstore site for course materials by class
- You will also find a link in MyPortal that will take you to a personalized page on the Bookstore website, where you can review and purchase all course materials for your classes
The Bookstore also plans to begin offering limited in-person services (online order pickup and textbook buyback) beginning Dec. 6. Please watch for updated store hours at deanzastore.com. For more information, visit the Bookstore FAQs page.
Check the Events Calendar for additional details and more events.
- Health Services Clinic: Flu Shots and International Student Health Event – Tuesday, Nov. 16, 9 a.m.-3 p.m.
- Supporting Good Trouble With Good Facilitation: MOMENTUM Series event with Meredith Curry — Tuesday, Nov. 16, 9:30-11 a.m.
- Career Services Workshop: Resume Development – Tuesday, Nov. 16, 11:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m.
- Transfer Center Workshop: Transfer Overview – Tuesday, Nov. 16, 1:30-2:30 p.m.
- Math Performance Success Event: Info Session – Wednesday, Nov. 17, 10:30-11:30 a.m.
- Wellness Workshop: Zentangle Gathering — Wednesday, Nov. 17, 11 a.m.-noon
- HEFAS Workshop: Healing Through Art — Wednesday, Nov. 17, 5:30-6:30 p.m.
- BFSA Men's Health Month Event: Moments in the Shave Room — Thursday, Nov. 18, 5-6:30 p.m.
- Transfer University Meeting and Presentation: Representative from USC Viterbi School of Engineering – Friday, Nov. 19, 10 a.m.-2 p.m. and 3-4 p.m.
Tell us about your event! Use the online form at deanza.edu/communications/tell-us.
Dates and Deadlines
- Winter registration opens based on Priority Registration Group – Monday, Nov. 15
- Campus and offices closed for Thanksgiving holiday – Thursday-Sunday, Nov. 25-28
- Last day to file for fall degree or certificate – Wednesday, Dec. 1
- Last day to drop classes with an EW – Friday, Dec. 10
Visit the Academic Calendar page to see more important dates and deadlines by quarter.
- Academic Senate – Monday, Nov. 15, 2:30-4:20 p.m.
- Instructional Planning and Budget Team (IPBT) – Tuesday, Nov. 16, 4-5 p.m
- De Anza Student Government (DASG) – Wednesday, Nov. 17, 4 p.m.
- College Council – Thursday, Nov. 18, 3-5 p.m.
Find more information about college governance at deanza.edu/gov
The CAN/DID Inclusion Series
The CAN/DID Inclusion Series for 2021-2022 will include new releases focusing on the experiences and perspectives of De Anza's diverse LGBTQ+ community, among others.
LGBTQ+ students and employees are invited to participate by telling your stories about finding happiness, facing adversity or any experience you'd like to share in a video or audio interview – or, if you prefer, you may contribute anonymously by submitting a work of your own poetry, short prose or visual art that we can photograph and post on the CAN/DID website. We will honor your privacy.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to ask about getting involved.
Use the online form at deanza.edu/communications/tell-us to let us know about an upcoming activity or other news that you want to share with the rest of the college community. That’s the best way to get your item on our radar for the website Events Calendar, weekly newsletter and social media planning.
- Questions or feedback? Email us at email@example.com