This email was sent to all registered students.
Oct. 19, 2021
Quick Notes for the Week of Oct. 19
Quick Notes is an email digest of timely information for De Anza students, faculty and staff. Watch for it in your inbox regularly.
Undocumented Student Action Week: Community colleges across California will be hosting events in solidarity with our undocumented students this week. Here at De Anza, the students of HEFAS (Higher Education for AB 540) invite you to join a series of events designed to provide support and increase visibility for our diverse immigrant community. For more information or questions, please contact Shaila Ramos at email@example.com.
The CAN/DID Inclusion Series
New CAN/DID topics coming soon: The CAN/DID Inclusion series will continue in 2021-2022 with new releases focusing on topics of importance to the Latinx and LGBTQ+ communities, among others. Previous CAN/DID topics included Black Lives Matter, countering anti-Asian racism and De Anza's unique Intercultural Studies program. Visit deanza.edu/candid to see all of the previous installments in the series, as well as resources for support and further exploration.
Check the Events Calendar for additional details and more events.
- Health Services Clinic: Flu Shots and International Student Health Event — Tuesday, Oct. 19, 9 a.m.-3 p.m.
- Transfer University Meeting: Representative from University of San Francisco – Tuesday, Oct. 19, 10 a.m.-2 p.m.
- Transfer Center Workshop: Associate Degrees for Transfer – Tuesday, Oct. 19, 11 a.m.-noon
- Undocumented Student Action Week: Be Scared and Do It Anyway: Art and Fear Workshop — Tuesday, Oct. 19, noon-1:30 p.m.
- Health Services Clinic: Flu Shots and International Student Health Event — Wednesday, Oct. 20, 9 a.m.-3 p.m.
- Wellness Workshop: Zentangle Gathering — Wednesday, Oct. 20, 11 a.m.-noon
- Undocumented Student Action Week: "Nurse Unseen" Filmmaker Conversation — Wednesday, Oct. 20, 4-5:30 p.m.
- Office of Equity I.D.E.A. Define and Apply Workshop: Diversity at De Anza – Thursday, Oct. 21, 3:30-5 p.m.
- Career Panel: Diverse Allied Health Careers – Thursday, Oct. 21, 5-6:30 p.m.
- Undocumented Student Action Week: HEFAS Open Mic Night — Thursday, Oct. 21, 6-7 p.m.
- Undocumented Student Action Week: Unpacking the Fight for Citizenship — Friday, Oct. 22, noon-1:30 p.m.
- One Book, One College, One Community Event: Student Book Club Meeting — Friday, Oct. 22, 2-3:30 p.m.
- Student Workshop: UC Personal Insight Questions Help — Friday, Oct. 22, 4-6 p.m.
Tell us about your event! Use the online form at deanza.edu/communications/tell-us.
Dates and Deadlines
- Campus and offices closed for Veterans Day holiday – Thursday, Nov. 11
- Campus and offices closed for Thanksgiving holiday – Thursday-Sunday, Nov. 25-28
- Last day to file for fall degree or certificate – Wednesday, Dec. 1
Visit the Academic Calendar page to see more important dates and deadlines by quarter.
Student Success Center Workshops: This quarter the Student Success Center (SSC) is hosting fun, interactive Zoom sessions to connect with De Anza students and share ideas to help you do well this quarter. All De Anza students are welcome to attend and preregistration is not required. Just check the schedule to pick the topic and time that works for you, then use the Click To Join Workshop button just before start of the session you want to attend. Also, if you haven't checked out SSC tutoring, now is a great time to get help in your classes! All schedules and links are on the Student Success Center homepage.
- Instructional Planning and Budget Team (IPBT) – Tuesday, Oct. 19, 4-5 p.m.
- De Anza Student Government (DASG) – Wednesday, Oct. 20, 4 p.m.
- Student Services Planning and Budget Team (SSPBT) – Thursday, Oct. 21, 1:30-3 p.m.
- Academic Senate – Monday, Oct. 25, 2:30-4:20 p.m.
- Classified Senate – Tuesday, Oct. 26, 2-3:30 p.m.
- Equity Action Council – Wednesday, Oct. 27, 1:30-3 p.m.
Find more information about college governance at deanza.edu/gov
Use the online form at deanza.edu/communications/tell-us to let us know about an upcoming activity or other news that you want to share with the rest of the college community. That’s the best way to get your item on our radar for the website Events Calendar, weekly newsletter and social media planning.
- Questions or feedback? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org