Students Get Microsoft 365 – Free!
If you're a current De Anza student, you automatically have a free subscription to Microsoft 365, a suite of online software that includes Microsoft Word for creating and reading documents, Excel for spreadsheets and OneDrive for storing files online. Follow the steps below to get your account!
- You get up to 1 TB of storage on OneDrive – but only while your account is active. (See "Maintaining Access to Your Account" below.)
- You also have the option to request a student email address that you can access through the Outlook software in your Microsoft 365 account.
- To get a student email account, you must make a separate request by following the instructions on the student email accounts webpage at deanza.edu/students/email.
- Your email address will not be assigned to you unless you follow the steps to request one.
- Log in to MyPortal by entering your 8-digit CWID and password.
- Open the Apps menu and look for the Microsoft 365 tile as shown here.
- Click the Microsoft 365 tile and log in to access your Microsoft 365 software.
- If you don't see the Microsoft 365 tile in MyPortal, you can also log in through the Microsoft 365 website at microsoft365.com
- On the Microsoft website, look for the circular user-profile icon in the upper right and click that to log in.
- When you log in to Microsoft 365, you may see a Microsoft "sign in" box that asks
for your email, phone or Skype ID.
- You should enter firstname.lastname@example.org here (not your own email address).
- You will then be taken to a MyPortal log-in page where you can enter your CWID and MyPortal password.
To maintain access to your Microsoft 365 account, you must be currently registered as a De Anza student, taking at least one course.
- Access will continue through breaks as long as you are registered for the next quarter.
- If you don’t register for the next quarter, your license will expire after the second week of the following quarter.
- Once the license expires, you will not be able to access the Office 365 applications nor the free storage on OneDrive.
- Remember to back up all files to your own storage device before your account expires.
Visit the Office of College Life's Email and Microsoft 365 Support webpage for assistance.