Composition and Reading
Introduction to university level reading and writing, with an emphasis on analysis. Close examination of a variety of texts (personal, popular, literary, professional, academic) from culturally diverse traditions. Practice in common rhetorical strategies used in academic writing. Composition of clear, well-organized, and well-developed essays, with varying purposes and differing audiences, from personal to academic.
|25688||EWRT 1A||71Z||·······||TBA-TBA||Jonah Hoyle||ONLINE|
Class Materials: View textbook and/or other materials for this course available at the Bookstore.
Class Dates: This class runs from 2021-09-20 to 2021-12-10.
Footnote InformationEWRT-001A-71Z: Online Course. Students must have access to a computer, the Web and an individual e-mail address. Exclusively using a tablet or phone may prevent you from successfully completing a course. Information about Canvas and Online Education Orientation can be found in Canvas on the Student Resources page: https://deanza.instructure.com/courses/3382
- 5 Units
- Five hours lecture (60 hours total per quarter).
- Gen Ed
- General Education Class
- Program Status
- Program Applicable
- Credit - Degree Applicable
- Grading Method
- Letter Grading
- See general education pages for the requirements this course meets.
- Not open to students with credit in EWRT 1AH.
- Eligibility for college-level composition (EWRT 1A or EWRT 1AH or (EWRT 1AS and EWRT 1AT)) as determined by college assessment or other appropriate methods.