Composition and Reading
Introduction to university level reading and writing, with an emphasis on analysis. Close examination of a variety of texts (personal, popular, literary, professional, academic) from culturally diverse traditions. Practice in common rhetorical strategies used in academic writing. Composition of clear, well-organized, and well-developed essays, with varying purposes and differing audiences, from personal to academic.
|24419||EWRT 1A||1WQ||·T·····||01:30 PM-03:45 PM||Francesca Caparas||MLC109|
Class Materials: View textbook and/or other materials for this course available at the Bookstore.
Class Dates: This class runs from 2021-09-20 to 2021-12-10.
Footnote InformationEWRT-001A.-1WQ: Learning Community that is part of the FLOW Hip Hop Cohort program. This is a HYBRID, 12 week class with an on-campus and online meetings as noted in class listing. Requires concurrent enrollment with LART D250.1WQ (25466). Contact Francesca Caparas at email@example.com for information and registration. This class involves 12 hours of active, hands-on, work making a difference in our communities. The course has been modified so that this does not involve more time than a regular class.
- 5 Units
- Five hours lecture (60 hours total per quarter).
- Gen Ed
- General Education Class
- Program Status
- Program Applicable
- Credit - Degree Applicable
- Grading Method
- Letter Grading
- See general education pages for the requirements this course meets.
- Not open to students with credit in EWRT 1AH.
- Eligibility for college-level composition (EWRT 1A or EWRT 1AH or (EWRT 1AS and EWRT 1AT)) as determined by college assessment or other appropriate methods.