You'll find a variety of College Promise programs at other community colleges, but we think this is the best College Promise program around – and it’s at De Anza, the college that’s always Tops in Transfer.
- FREE tuition and fees for TWO years, for all eligible students
- PLUS: $1,000 toward books and materials ($500 each year)
- Free transportation with the VTA SmartPass, too!
We’ve also made it simple to qualify, with no separate application required. (See how it works.) The program is open to California residents or those exempted from nonresident tuition – including students with AB 540 status – who
- Are first-time college students
- Plan to attend full time, and
- File the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) or the California Dream Act Application and list De Anza College on the application
There are no income eligibility requirements but you must submit the FAFSA or CADAA.
There's no deadline to apply for the De Anza College Promise!
Want to Know More?
What It Covers
- De Anza College Promise benefits cover fall, winter and spring for two years (not summer session).
- The Promise award doesn't cover parking permits, so you'll still need to buy your permit if you plan on driving to campus. It does cover the SmartPass fee, which means you can ride free on VTA buses and light rail
The De Anza College Promise was launched at a special community event held Sept 27, 2017 at the Foothill Sunnyvale Center.
The featured speaker at the event was Martha J. Kanter, former U.S. Undersecretary of Education and former chancellor of the Foothill-De Anza Community College District.