Do You Have a Job Search Plan?
- Download the Do You Have a Job Search Plan booklet
Useful Links to Job Search Sites:
- Handshake – job site for college students and employers
- Dice.com – tech Jobs
- Idealist – jobs, internships and volunteer opportunities
- Application.Careers – provides job-hunters with comprehensive job application information, job application
forms, online & offline application guidance, resume templates and cover letter samples.
Find useful information you need to apply for a job now and build a brand-new career
- Glassdoor – helps you find a job and company you love. Reviews, salaries and benefits from employees.
Interview questions from candidates.
New Website Explores How Improving Women’s Access to Middle-Skill Jobs Can Narrow the Wage Gap while Filling a Skills Gap in Growing Sectors
Studies show that half of the gender wage gap is due to women working in different occupations and sectors than men. Improving women’s access to good middle-skill jobs can help close the wage gap and improve women’s economic security.
The new Pathways to Equity Initiative from the Institute for Women’s Policy Research (IWPR) shows careers that can improve women’s economic standing and meet employers’ demands for skilled workers. IWPR launched a new interactive website, womenandgoodjobs.org, which helps users identify pools of skilled women workers who could be tapped to fill shortages, ensuring that the economy benefits from the talent of its whole workforce.
Read the Initiative’s research findings and explore the site at womenandgoodjobs.org.