Welcome to OTI
Occupational Training Institute
We're currently offering in-person assistance by appointment. Please contact us via email or voicemail. Leave a detailed message with your name, student ID, case number (if applicable), and contact information. Please allow 24 hours for a reply. Also, please consider contacting your worker at your referring agency.
Our staff contact information is as follows:
- Joe Lipsig, Lab Coordinator - 408-864-5712, firstname.lastname@example.org
- OTI Counselor - To be determined
- Ingrid Duque, Accountant - 408-864-5704. email@example.com
- Sabrina Stewart, Supervisor - 408-864-8360, firstname.lastname@example.org
The Occupational Training Institute (OTI) is the home of
- TAA (Trade Act Educational Agreement)
We are a department of the Foothill-De Anza district that serves both De Anza and Foothill College.
View a two minute introductory video about OTI
- CalWORKs is a state-funded, welfare-to-work program designed to help individuals on TANF.
- Workforce Training program, providing support if you've been laid off and are economically disadvantaged - referrals from local Workforce Boards (WIOA) including NOVA and Work2Future are welcome.
- CompTechS provides hands-on IT internships for students seeking careers in Information Technology.
- Internships are available through both CalWORKs Work Study and CompTechS
Are you eligible?
- You may qualify for services if you meet any of the following criteria
- Unemployed due to a company layoff or closure
- Receiving cash-aid (TANF)/CalWORKs,
- Receiving food stamps
- Seeking employment for a better job.
Job search workshops including:
- Resume and applications
- Interview techniques
- Professional dress and appearance
- Identifying and managing challenges
- Job retention
- Referrals to child care providers
- Assistance with financial aid
- Tutorial services
- Other services provided as needed.
OTI provides employment training at no cost for eligible individuals. Please call 408. 864.8869 or explore this website for more information
Our professional staff will help you meet your employment goals or connect you with an agency that can.
- OTI prepares socio-economically disadvantaged students with career training and employment services including counseling and advisement, job preparation and placement while concurrently providing employers with qualified employees.
Who We Serve
- OTI provides services to thousands of clients seeking job skills and job placement services. Many clients focus on certificate programs at either the Foothill or the De Anza campuses.
Our program coordinators design customized training programs tailored for the local job market to link job seekers with employers.
OTI provides accessible staff with job placement expertise and a thorough knowledge of clients' skills.
As part of the Foothill-De Anza Community College District, OTI works closely with all workforce education programs and is committed to responding to employer needs.