Stretch to Success With EPS!
Stretch to Success is a yearlong support program that was developed to help you succeed in your English classes at De Anza!
By joining this program, you’ll receive these benefits for the 2021-2022 academic year. (Your eligibility is based on your English placement.)
- Your own dedicated EPS counselor to support you
- Friendly instructors who will work with you throughout the year to help you succeed
- Tutoring assistance in your English classes
- Priority registration for certain General Ed classes in winter and spring quarters
- An opportunity to meet new friends in a learning community this summer
- Study hall time to collaborate and receive support
- Course topics that will help you reach your goals in college and in life!
What is EPS?EPS stands for English Performance Success! Your EPS counselor can assist you with choosing an academic goal, creating an educational plan, exploring possible careers and choosing the courses you need to reach your goals.
When you enroll in the Stretch to Success program, you'll get support in English and other classes throughout the coming school year. It's easy to join!
- Register now for fall classes. Choose either Option 1 or Option 2 listed below.
- Once you have registered for these classes, you will be automatically signed up for the Summer Bridge program. We will contact you with more information about how to participate.
Meet new friends during Summer Bridge, a four-day introduction to college that will be held on Aug. 30-Sept. 2, before fall quarter begins.
- Monday-Wednesday, Aug. 30-Sept.1: 10 a.m.-12:30 p.m., meet online via Zoom
- Thursday, Sept. 2: 11 a.m.-2 p.m., meet in person for tacos and T-shirt pickup at Jollyman Park in Cupertino
Choose one of the following options to suit your schedule
Option 1 (Monday, Tuesday and Thursday mornings)
Take both of these classes:
CLP 5 (Career Life Planning) – 2 units – Mondays, 10:30 a.m.-12:20 p.m.; classes meet at scheduled times on Zoom and online; instructor Monica Ganesh. (Register for Section 20D, CRN 26657.)
EWRT 1AS (Intensive Composition and Reading: First Quarter) – 5 units – Tuesdays and Thursdays, 10:30 a.m.-12:20 p.m.; classes meet at scheduled times on Zoom and online; instructor Julie Sartwell (Register for Section 02D, CRN 25512.)
Option 2 (Monday, Tuesday and Thursday afternoons)
Take both of these classes:
CLP 5 (Career Life Planning) – 2 units – Mondays, 1:30-3:20 p.m.; classes meet at scheduled times on Zoom and online; instructor Christian Rodriguez (Register for Section 21D, CRN 26658.)
EWRT 1AS (Intensive Composition and Reading: First Quarter) – 5 units – Tuesdays and Thursdays, 1:30-3:20 p.m.; classes meet at scheduled times on Zoom and online; instructor Lauren Gordon (Register for Section 06D, CRN 25519.)
Winter Quarter – 2022
Get priority registration for EWRT 1AT (Intensive Composition and Reading: Second Quarter) with the same instructor you had for EWRT 1AS in the fall, and for ICS 7 (Intercultural Communication). Both are GE classes.
Spring Quarter – 2022
Take EWRT 2 (Critical Reading, Writing and Thinking) with the same instructor you had for EWRT 1AS and EWRT 1AT
Ready to Join?
You can join Stretch to Success With EPS when you register for fall classes: Choose either Option 1 or Option 2 as listed above.