This program is not offered at this time.
Is your English proficiency below the requirement for admission? You might be eligible for the Intensive Summer ESL Course!
If you are hoping to attend De Anza College on an F-1 visa – but have not scored high enough* on one of the accepted English proficiency tests – you may be admitted in the next fall quarter after you successfully complete a summer preparatory course in English as a Second Language: ESL 244 (It is a comprehensive 10-unit course that covers Reading, Writing, Grammar, and Speaking).
* Required Scores
Here the required scores to be eligible for the Summer ESL Course:
- TOEFL iBT: 52-60
- IELTS: 5.0-5.9
- iTEP: 3.0-3.9
- Duolingo: 90-94 DET
- This course is only open to new F-1 visa students coming from outside the United States. Students transferring from another U.S. college or language school should apply for regular fall admission.
- Students applying for the Summer ESL Course must also complete the International Student Application and intend to enroll full-time at De Anza after successfully completing ESL 244.
This course will enable you to
- Continue your studies at De Anza in Fall quarter
- Earn 10 units of credit
- Get an early start on your studies and be better prepared for your academic courses at De Anza
- Become familiar with the campus and adjust to the culture of De Anza and the surrounding area.
Cost for the Course
Tuition & Fees (Subject to Change):ESL 244 Course (10 quarter units) = $2,360 (Enrollment Fee: $31 per unit + Nonresident Tuition: $205 per unit)
- Student Body Fee: $10
- Campus Center Fee: $17.50
- Health Services Fee: $17
- Registration Support Fee: $1.50
- Smart Pass Fee: $6.75
- Mandatory Intl Health Insurance fee: $261 (waived if not studying from the US)
- $75 USD non-refundable application fee
- $75 USD express mail fee (if applicable)