General Meeting Information
Date: May 11,
Time: CANCELLED - Written agenda/updates below
AgendaDear Classified Senate & Guests,We have a great opportunity to listen and use our voices to share opinions about the Vice Chancellor of Human Resources finalists tomorrow afternoon (See email from Joe Moreau). Since these sessions are scheduled during our Senate meeting, we will not meet, but I do ask that we use email as a platform to keep people informed. Please respond to this email with questions/updates.Classified Professional Development Day update -
Classified Professionals Week - May 17-21
- We are good to go, I think. Any questions about this day? Did you check out the raffle prizes yet? 🎉
- Website is here, so you have easy access: https://deanza.instructure.com/courses/18903?global_includes=0
- If you are in a session and recognize the facilitator could use help with Zoom/chat
moderation, I do ask that you please jump in. 🙂
Senate Elections - May 19-21
- If you have not already done so, please sign up for those events that interest you, and indicate in the comment area if you are available to assist with the events you're attending.
- Sign up form: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSd1pzBLOPWXGUbD9YMljFAEoKEbf6cSeX52G0hbwy8g5sTt3g/viewform
Police Chief's Advisory Committee - ACTION REQUIRED
- Nominations closed this morning at 8:00am and the names have been turned over to our Nominations Committee (Lorna and Angelica).
- Those nominated will be contacted this week to confirm their interest or decline their
- Those interested in running will be on the ballot, which will be emailed to all on May 19
- Results will be announced the week of May 24.
Shared Governance Report-Outs
- We have been requested to provide a name by this Friday for someone to sit on this new Shared Governance group. They are looking for someone to attend the May and June meetings and all of next year. Since we're in the middle of our election cycle, that's a bit of a challenge.
- ❗ Are there any volunteers interested in attending the meetings for this in May and
June? Ideally, this will be someone who is running for our Executive Committee or
as a Senator Lead or Desginee in the Operations and Facilities Area of Focus for next
year, but does not have to be. Please email me if you are interested.
- I will work with Carla Maitland to confirm that we can have one person for May and
June, and then confirm someone for next school year once our elections are over.