Contact a Counselor or Adviser
Don't wait until the last minute to speak with a counselor! Drop in or make an appointment today if you have questions about choosing classes or planning for your degree or transfer.
While you won't be able to visit us in person during the 2021 fall quarter, you can still speak with a counselor or academic adviser over Zoom video, by making an appointment or dropping in during our virtual office hours. You can also use our Online Adviser or send us an email.
Some programs and learning communities have designated counselors for their students. You can find a directory of all De Anza counselors and academic advisers on the Our Counselors webpage.
Continuing or Returning Students –
Make an appointment to meet on Zoom
If you've completed two or more quarters, the General Counseling and Advising Center is the place to come for assistance with planning and achieving your academic, career, transfer and personal goals.
Click the gold button to schedule your appointment. If there are no times available, please check back, as new appointment times will become available every day.
Drop In With Zoom
Drop-in sessions are only 10-15 minutes and are meant for quick questions regarding academic, career, and transfer counseling and advising. These sessions are not meant for completing a comprehensive educational plan, personal counseling or financial aid extension.
Click the gold button to drop in during these hours below:
Fall Quarter (virtual) Drop-in Hours:
- Mondays and Tuesdays: 9:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
- Wednesdays and Thursdays: 12:00 p.m. - 3:00 p.m.
- Fridays: Please visit the Transfer Center and The Retention Support Services during their drop-in hours from 10 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
You'll be asked to sign in with your eight-digit student ID (also known as Campuswide ID or CWID) and date of birth (MMDDYYYY).
After you sign in, click the blue Drop-In button. If the "Drop-In" button is greyed out, it means counselors or advisers are not available because they are helping someone else. Please check back later during the listed drop-in hours.
Drop-in sessions are hosted by counselors and academic advisers. Counselors can assist with all topics. Academic advisers can assist with all topics except
- Academic Renewal
- Career Counseling
- Crisis Counseling
- Exceeding Maximum Units
- Major Update
Use the Online Adviser for Quick Questions
A counselor or academic adviser will review your question and respond through the online system. Questions should be brief and relate to general academic issues only.
Questions regarding these areas, use the following links:
- Admissions and Records - Student Records/Applications
- Assessment - Testing Appointments
- Evaluations - Transcripts/Degrees/Clear Prerequisite/AP Scores/GE Certifications
- Financial Aid - FAFSA Application/Award Status/Disbursement
- International Student Program
- Majors/Career Explorations
Click the gold button to submit your question.
Making the Most of Your Meeting
- Before you meet with a counselor or academic adviser, prepare a list of questions that you want to ask.
- Bring any relevant documents such as your unofficial transcripts from other colleges, your placement test scores, your educational plan and any other records that may be related to the issues you want to discuss.
- Be on time!
- If you can't make your appointment, PLEASE let us know: Use the online scheduling system to cancel or reschedule.
Office Remote Hours
- Monday – Thursday: 8:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
- Friday: 8:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
- Thursday, November 11th, 2021: Veterans Day
- Thursday, November 25th, 2021 and Friday, November 26th, 2021: Thanksgiving